Sunday 3 August 2014

Love, Rosie

Dear Readers,

Once again, thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to know someone enjoys what I write, even though so far, the page views are less than impressive.

News flash! I found out there's this new movie hitting theatres soon and it's based on a book by Cecelia Ahern aka my all time favourite chick flick writer. The movie is called Love, Rosie and the book its called Where Rainbows End.

I wont be going into detail about what happened in the book because I for one, hate spoilers but let's just say it will leave you with mixed feelings in the end.

This book and movie, challenges this great question we've all been trying to figure out. "Can a girl and a boy be best friends?"

In most cases, best friends are often the same gender. Girls will tend to refer to themselves as "bitches" and the guys with their "bros" and what not. However, sometimes we do come across a couple that we think are madly in love with each other but the truth is, they're just best friends.

Just because, they are both of the opposite sex doesn't mean the "best friends" mechanism works differently. No, because regardless of what they are, they understand each other like yin and yang. Despite being complete opposite, he never fail to fill in her flaws and she will never fail to fill in his.

So is it possible, to go about daily lives with each other, laughing, gossiping and enjoying life as it is without ever letting feelings get in the way of this beautiful friendship?

Personally, I don't think there should be problem. A boy and a girl can be best friends, no doubt about that. But as they grow older, whether they choose to acknowledge their feelings is something they need to figure out.

My ideal relationship is to be with a guy that is also my best friend. I think it's easier that way. You get to know each other as friends first and when you get to that stage where feelings start to develop, there shouldn't be a need to hide it. After all, he knows you inside and out. He'll be damned if he doesnt find out, especially if he shares the same feelings too.

Oh well, that is my fantasy dream. Probably never going to happen but what's to stop me from dreaming right?

I think one of major problems would be if one of them falls for the other, and they both dont share this mutual feeling. It might ruin their friendship for good.

But.

Oh I don't know. Im no expert. I always thought, if he accepts you with all your flaws and imperfections, there should no reason why he wouldn't like you the same way.

I love my best friend. Sometimes I wish i could marry her but no i'm not a lesbian. Wouldn't it be just perfect though, if I had a guy best friend that I loved so much I wanted to marry, everything would literally fall into place. Or maybe fall out of a fairytale happy ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment