Sunday 13 July 2014

White Supremacy

As everyone gears up for the greatest adventure of their lives - studying abroad, there's me, dreading every minute that passes. 

Don't get me wrong, I am beyond excited. I really am. All the people I'm gonna meet, all the new cultures i will experience, it's really going to be one hell of a ride.  

However. 

Let's take into consideration how much of an uncool person i am. I know i shouldn't be ashamed of who i am but in this social judgemental world, what you look like is what you are. And i think i have already failed without trying .

Let's face it, Asians basically worship the westerners. Do they even realise how much we obsess over their boy bands when clearly they are all just as average as we are. This is a fact all Asians think but will never say, we are inferior of all the cool stuff Americans do. C'mon, Englishmen led wars, fought battles for us and most importantly, gave us civilisation. The biggest names in the worlds are ninety eight percent caucasians. The only known asian i guess would be Kim Jong Un, but its for all the human eating dogs he breeds. 

We look to them with so much envy and admiration, constantly trying to improve ourselves to look and be them. (except for that boy who went for surgery to look like a korean, that, i still dont understand) 

But back to the point, i personally feel that white supremacy will always exists and it makes us (me) feel so inferior. I know it sounds unbelievable, because I am half British. And strangely enough, I AM THE ONLY ONE WHO FEELS LIKE THIS ? ? ? ? !!!! 

Living Salford is going to be difficult, I will be the odd one out. I cant decide whether that is good or bad. Back in Malaysia and Singapore, I blended in so well, it made me invisible. 

I dont want to be invisible anymore, but neither do i want to stand out to be discriminated because I am Asian. 


I may be entirely wrong about this and this mindset is stereotypical but all im saying is, Salford, please be kind to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment