Tuesday 15 July 2014

R.A.K

Dear Readers,

Lovely of you to stop by, today is all about kindness - RAK, Random Act of Kindness.

I came across this movement when i started watching the We The King's vlogs. They do random stuff to strangers in hopes of making someone's day!

As a firm believer of what goes around, comes around, I have been trying to start off my random acts of kindness too. And today, was the perfect opportunity.

For those of you who don't know me, I work in a hotel, temporarily, before I head to university. So today, we invited these two little girls, both aged 8 and 11 to stay over at our hotel. The really unfortunate thing is that they're both at the final stage of leukaemia. What sucks is that its inevitable, and I felt completely useless.

Their number one wish on their bucket list was to go to Legoland, thank God it was not Amsterdam or something. So in addition to granting their wish, we bought them gifts too. And suddenly i decided to write them a card.

Anyway, the point is, I felt great afterwards. It's really amazing isn't it? That the best kind of happiness does not come from getting what you want, it's giving others what they want. And you might be thinking, when will i get what i want?

Well, son. If everyone strived to live like this, we'll all be happy. Think of it as a circle of people, if you made someone's day, that someone is going to channel that energy into making another person happy and the cycle goes on until finally, the last person left with what was your kindness, will return the smile to you. Everyone wins!

In this psycho-judgemental world, we're all brought up to only think for ourselves. We're selfish, self-centered and annoying.

"At the end of the day, we only have ourselves" I think we've heard that too many times.

Just because it is (slightly) true, doesn't mean we give up on everyone else and only focus on "ME". What happens to those who don't even have themselves to rely on, who gives them hope, and courage to live on?

It's time to think about what we can do for others. God gave me a perfectly abled body, so i can use it to help those unfortunate ones. God didn't give me this perfectly stable mind, just so i could watch those in need suffer.

All it takes, is one small act of kindness. JUST.ONE. and it will go a long way.

I can't save those girls from leukaemia, but I sure as hell can make them smile for a minute or two and that's all that matters.

Love,
Kimmy.

No comments:

Post a Comment