Friday 11 July 2014

Moving On

Dear Readers, 

Once again, thanks for stopping by. 

This was something I wrote in 2013 and I think it's worthy of a post. 

To the girls who lost him to some bitch, and to those who never had the guts to put themselves out there, this is for you. 

It isn't over

"Never mind i'll find someone like you." were words to what was once my favourite song. But truthfully, sometimes i do ask myself, do i really want someone that has similar qualities like you or do i just want you and your everything? And to my despair, i say yes to the latter. 

I do want you. i want you for the way you make me laugh, the way you look when you're serious, the way you try to make me happy when you know at the end of the day, its just hurting me more. 

What we had, or perhaps, what i thought we had was nothing more than false hopes and empty promises. And even after knowing the truth, i was still in denial. A part of me wished for something more, something that wasn't the end. Even until today, one year since we last saw each other, I wait for that phone call or text that will go along the lines of "Im sorry, it isn't over" Maybe you will come around someday, just not now or any time soon. 

My friends tell me the same thing and i'm pretty sure everyone in my situation can understand this, that no amount of 'get over him' or 'you deserve better' will be enough to push you to actually move on. it just won't happen. 

I'm no Taylor Swift, but I hope this speaks at least a quarter of your thoughts. 

Love, 
Kimmy

No comments:

Post a Comment